Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Step 1 Study Lingers

Ok so I know I have not updated in a while, and I have been feeling a little guilty for leaving you all hanging.

The truth is I have set many Step 1 dates and I have had to postpone them. My original date was for November, but I didn't feel like I was quite ready yet. After Maine I came home and played with my children for two months. I didn't even look at a book. So I postponed and decided to step up my studying and set a new date for January. I was so sure that I would be ready by January. I studied more Kaplan and really had to review some of the subjects which I felt I was really weak in. I didn't account for Christmas, New Years, and a child turning 15. So as luck would have it I postponed again.

I took two months and studied twelve to fifteen hours a day. I did all of the Kaplan Qbank questions, all of Uworld, and nine days of DIT. I took my practice NBME 15 seven days before I was scheduled to sit for the exam and I only scored 186. I was scoring 50% overall in Uworld and had improved to about 60% every block. I couldn't go into the test with my NBME score so low, so I postponed again.

Currently, I am studying with an online partner. I am reviewing Uworld again, but it is summer and I do have my children all day and I know that my study time is not as good as it was when I was locked in my house for two months alone. My hopes are to take it by the end July or first of August.

My plans are to review all the subjects again (we are almost there, this week has been a terrible week for both she and I). We are reviewing First Aid, Kaplan notes and Uworld questions on the same subject matter at the same time. Take my last Uworld practice, and take another NBME, probably 13. If I make above a 210 equivalent Ill schedule my exam (I have to pay the fee again, so I am being much more cautious in my scheduling).

I am also trying to get my masters classes finished for the summer. I wish that I had just waited for the fall.

So, that is where I am, and I wish I could tell you more. I have been trying to keep notes on what I have done and how I studied so that I could give you all the details when I finally finish. Having a family makes it a little harder because I seem to take time to spend with my children on special occasions, as I have missed them so much on this journey.

Ill write more later as I have MAJOR updates on my life in general. But you will soon see when I post pictures.

Thanks so much for reading and following!


All the best,
Amy Jones

1 comments:

  1. Study study study! I am indeed familiar with this, haha. If it weren't for the hordes of human anatomical models I had laying around my dorm, I never would have retained anything, I swear!

    ReplyDelete