Sunday, June 10, 2012

Go Fund Me


A friend sent me a message about her new way to fund her medical education and I jumped on board. Go fund me is a website that accepts donations and allows you to post updates and information about your goals and the process all along the way. I joined GoFundMe.com as a way to get funding to pay for my clinical years. This post is copied from my update there. I have plans to post about Maine and my experience so far but honestly it has been a little more difficult to get back into writing since being here. Ill write about that later. (ha, such a vicious cycle).


The next several weeks are going to be a huge learning experience. I am working with a pediatrician in Windham, Maine, through Maine Medical Center on Fridays. I saw 19 patients last Friday. Our patients ranged from well children to children with serious behavior problems to ear infections. The best part was seeing that the parents left with hope. Hope that it would get better, whatever "it" was. I have been that parent that just needs a moment of hope that I wouldn't have to be up another sleepless night or that my child would soon stop throwing up every hour. Being the person who offered that hope was exhilarating. I could have stayed 8 more hours.

To help me continue to offer hope to families donate any amount that you can spare. It could be as simple as cutting out a daily coffee stop, or donating the cost of one meal out for the month. Also, it doesn't have to be a one time donation, you can make a personal pledge to meeting a goal amount for the year, and make small donations to that amount every month. Thank you in advance for your support and belief in my success.

To view the cost of my tuition you can visit http://www.umhs-sk.org/index.php/admissions/tuition-fees.html. I am going into the clinical semesters.

If you would like to donate but want to be certain it goes for my tuition, then you can make a donation on my behalf directly to my school. Please be sure to include my full name- Amy Jones.

University of Medicine and Health Sciences. Magdalena Rosario
University Bursar
460 West 34th Street, 12th Fl.
New York, NY 10001
Phone: 212-868-4720 x623
Fax:      212-868-0928
Email: MRosario@umhs-sk.net

1 comments:

  1. hey were you successful in raising money through gofundme?

    ReplyDelete