Sunday, June 10, 2012

Its all relative

Having been a science major in a university, I met many people who were planning to go on to medical school. Of all of the students that were planning to go to medical school, I only know two people who have actually made it. I went away medical school and at the same time one of my friends when to medical school in the states. Then another of our friends went to DO (Osteopathic Medicine) School this past year.

Watching her transition reminded me of mine. Once I began the medical school application process my life became relative. Everything that happened was relative to medical school.

Med school takes over your life. Facebook posts become test related or study related as early as during the application process. All future events are viewed as a time away from studying or in light of what you have learned. Conversations undoubtedly remind you of some diagnosis whether it be a bacterial infection or a psychiatric condition, you can bet that some medical condition will become a part of your conversation every time!

I often wonder if people like hearing all about my medical school experience, or if they wish that I had something else to talk about. :)


Until next time, mon,
Amy Jones

0 comments:

Post a Comment