Monday, July 4, 2011

A generator??


       Electricity on the island is better than it was when I first arrived last year. It is rarely out and when it is they get it back on in a few hours. Last year they had experienced damage to one of there power generators and they had rolling blackouts every few days for different times around different parts of the island. I lived at the royal on the side with generators so it was a good thing. Since I have been in my apartment we have only had a few power outages and none of them have lasted more than a few hours. My apartment is on the ocean so if it is nice out I can get an ocean breeze. Generally we don’t use the AC all day everyday anyway. However, if you are going to live at the royal I would suggest that you get a room with a generator because for whatever reason they seem to have more outages than the island, also if you live in camps or mattingly or around the campus they also have more outages and they tend to last longer than those in Frigate Bay.



  Pictures of my apartment now. Along with the views from my balcony.
     For me, the outages that I have experienced haven’t been too inconvenient. With hurricane season on our heels you may want a generator just in case, but I wouldn’t make it a deal breaker on an apartment that is a great deal and awesome. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello I will hopefully be starting september 2011. What is the name of your apartments? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. Christopher's Club. You would have to go through a realtor. PW Enterprises St. Kitts. The lady's name is Jo Delay.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete